|The official opening of the
Carroll County 1000 Acre Recreation Lake
took place on March 20th. as planned. The weather was a bit breezy and cool but the crowd turned out for the event. Dignitaries from the Carroll County Watershed Authority, the TWRA, Huntingdon Mayor Dale Kelley, Chamber President Brad Hurley and many more attended the ceremonies.
(pictured left) is Mayor Kelley welcoming the over two hundred people that came out for the opening. Mayor Kelley said there will be a Grand Opening in June with more activities planned.
(picture below left) Chamber President Brad Hurley addresses the attendees and introduces other dignitaries.
(pictured below right) The first official boat launch on the new lake. About 20 boats were lined up to start fishing the lake on the 1st. day of Spring.
A crowd of over two hundred attended the opening. News media from the
local papers , radio station and Channel 7 from Jackson covered the
(pictured above right) The Carroll County Youth Leadership Class of 2013 attended as part of their civic education.
(pictured right) Local radio personality Bo Weevil from 100.9FM Radio made a splash into the cold water dressed in his green satin cape and white jumpsuit.
CONSESSIONS • DRINKS • SANDWICHES
Monday - Friday 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday 6:30 am to 6:30 pm
(Breakfast Served Saturdays only 6:30 am to 10:20 pm)
Sunday 12:30 pm to 6:00 pm
PERMITS • BAIT • LAKE INFORMATION & MAPS
David Rush, Manager
Tuesday thru Saturday 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
ALL HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND THE WEATHER
Park Pass includes access to the water trampoline, 2 Rockits, 2 Blobs and High Jumps, the Jungle Joe, the Rope Swing, the Slingshot Soaker, launch logs, the Fiesta Lounge, 2 Walk-on-Water splash mats, float tubes and the Summit Express.
Pontoon boat, jet ski, kayak, raft & paddle boat rentals.
QUICK FACTS QF
· Lake Size: 1,000 acres of water
· 22.5 miles of shoreline
· Dam Size: 2400 feet long, 40 feet wide, 60 feet high
· 75 % of the lake will have a water dept of at least 20ft.
· 1/3 of the lake dedicated to fishing
· 5.5 billion gallons of water will be in the lake when it is completely full
· As of January 2014, 1 MILLION fish have been release in the lake by TWRA
· Largest mitigation in the history of the Corp's southeast region
· 300 acres of new wetland has been created by this project
· Watershed Authority owns 50 feet of land all around the lake
· Fishing is the top revenue-generating sport in the world
FREQUENTLY ASKED Q & A QA
Q. When is the lake open?
This site developed and maintained by
©2001 - 2014 Carroll County Chamber of Commerce, All Rights Reserved,